Literacy teaching approaches for multilingual learners in the early years and lower primary school setting
++Free for members. REGISTRATION NEEDED – scroll down ++
This webinar is designed for teachers and educators in the early years and lower primary school setting. Participants will:
– Acquire a better understanding of the fundamental pedagogy of language acquisition for developing multilingual students.
– Gather practical ideas about how to plan, implement, evaluate and assess English language learning students.
– Incorporate CLIL approaches in whole-class teaching as well as in small group settings.
– Gain confidence in their ability to work with multilingual students to encourage the use of home language to scaffold English language learning.
– Access a bank of editable planning templates, assessment tools, support files and resource materials for use in the early years primary setting
If you are already a Plus or Premium member, you can log in and register for free for the webinar below. If you are not, you can buy your ticket here or become a member today and get free access to all our upcoming webinars, recordings of past webinars, a huge database of articles and much more!
Follow this link to register:
Members will be able to watch back the recording at this link: discover.mothertongues.ie/videos/
If you have a Basic membership and would like to upgrade it, get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Annie AsgardEnglish Language Support Teacher
Annie Asgard is an English Language Support Teacher in Claddagh National School in Galway City.
She has been active in the area of English as an Additional Language teaching since 2006. She is currently
an Assistant Principal II with responsibility for the English as a Language student cohort and is also the Equality and Diversity Liaison.
Her mother tongue is Farsi and she learned English at school.