Mother Tongues is a social enterprise working to promote multilingualism and intercultural dialogue in Ireland.
We do this through three interconnected goals:
- Educating and empowering parents and educators
- Creating networks and support groups for multilingual families
- Raising awareness of the benefits of multilingualism and intercultural dialogue for individuals and society
We reach our goals by:
- Harnessing the power of creativity to promote intercultural dialogue
- Educating professionals working with multilingual children
- Empowering parents raising multilingual children
- Working with partners and stakeholders to develop inclusive linguistic and cultural policies
- Combating stereotypes associated with migration and multilingualism
To reach our goals we work with public and private partners such as government departments, charities, local authorities, businesses, health services, universities and research centres, community groups, arts and culture organisations.